Saturday, February 27, 2010

Basics








leggings, smock, fringe bodysuit, ashish stud jumper Topshop; singlet, cardigan Forever 21; t-shirt Supre; denim shorts Bardot.

I love these leggings because a) you can dress them up or dress them down and b) they have a zipper down the side. Basically, I'm attracted to anything with zips, studs or spikes. The smock looks super comfy and uber pretty. Another item you can dress up or down! The bodysuit fascinated me with the fringing - I'm not even sure I would know how to wear it or where to wear it, but I do know that I want it! The Ashish studded jumper equals love. For the days you couldn't be effed to dress up but you don't want to look like you just crawled out of bed and decided not to get dressed. Oh, and I mustn't forget to mention the studs!! I could imagine it with tights and ankle boots and possibly a slouch bag to give that extra lazy-but-hot look. The singlet is another must-have, whether you decide to go casual with jeans and flats or dress it up a bit with a leather jacket and chunky, black heels (preferably studded!). The cardigan is a great basic for everyday wear. Every girl should own at least one cardigan (or twenty). The t-shirt is a great basic. Great for night or day. Basically, can be worn with anything. And this brings me to the denim shorts. A little "Britney" with the pockets hanging out, but a whole lot fabulous! I love the colour and style. Whether you run around in them in summer with a flowing top and beachy hair or prance around in them with thick, black stockings and oversized vintage cardigans, denim shorts will never go out of style!

Anyway, the fashion fundraiser last night was incredibly fun! Well done to the models who've never done any kind of modelling in their lives! There were quite a few pieces I would definitely love to own but unfortunately no photos to show for it (I stupidly left my camera at home). Also, I have to give a special mention to my talented friends who provided us with the entertainment as nibblies were brought out - various battered seafoods and mini pies which I disappointingly couldn't eat since my diet consists of only plant-derived foods (I'm vegan!). Dylan, who played a selection of beautiful songs on the keyboard (and got offered a job playing piano at a local restaurant!), Josh, who played guitar and sung For You I Will by Teddy Geiger (I'm hoping that is actually what it's called...?) and Jackson, who played guitar (I'm not sure what he played, but it sounded amazing!) So basically, the fashion parade was fabulous, the music was incredible and the food smelled delicious and looked delicious (but unfortunately I have no idea whether or not it tasted delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment